Teaching Kids How to Save (and Spend) Wisely
Our Youth Accounts are just what you need to teach your child the importance of saving and, eventually, spending. All it takes is an initial deposit of $1 to start your child on a path toward responsible, lifelong financial habits.
Introducing a new youth savings account designed just for kids 12 and younger
! The Centsables are bank employees by day who transform themselves into superheroes by choice to fight financial-related crime.
The Centsables Savings account is a fun way to help kids become financially literate at an early age.
Open an account today and your child will receive:
Open a Centsables Savings Account
- Welcome Kit. Every child will receive a Centsables portfolio filled with activity pages, coin wrappers, poster and more.
- Stickers. To encourage regular saving habits, kids have their choice of Centsables superhero sticker with every deposit.
- Birthday Gift. Children receive a free gift during their birthday month when they redeem their birthday postcard at any branch.
- Interactive Website. With your permission, your kids will have access to a fun and educational website filled with games, activities, glossary of financial terms and more.
- Educational Television Episodes. Watch The Centsables come to life when they strut their crime-fighting skills Saturdays on Fox Business.
With just $1 and a parent or guardian on the account, you can start your child on a path toward responsible, lifelong financial habits at an early age.
With our Teen Savings and a parent or guardian on the account, teens age 13 through 17
are eligible to open a checking account. They will also enjoy the convenience of banking from their mobile device.
- $1 to open and start earning dividends
- Free checking eligibility at age 13
- No monthly service charge
- Free Online Banking
- Free Mobile Banking
- Free eStatements
Open a Teen Savings Account
All it takes is $1 for your teen to begin learning responsible saving and spending habits today.
Members First wants to help your child navigate the complex world of finances. Here are a few resources that can aid them in their journey.
Junior Share Certificate
This convenient 6-month Certificate is just right for young savers. Featuring a minimum opening deposit of $500 and a higher dividend rate than a regular savings account, it's a great way to for kids to watch their money grow and to teach them the value of long term savings.
Members First Scholarship Program
We believe that through education, we are investing in the youth of today, who will go on to lead our communities and shape the world that we live in. We created the Members First Memorial Scholarships to aid students in their quest for further education.
NH Jump$tart Coalition
The mission of the NH Jump$tart Coalition is to improve the financial literacy of pre-kindergarten through college-age youth by providing advocacy, research, activities, standards and educational resources. NH Jump$tart strives to prepare youth for life-long, successful financial decision making. Their vision is for personal finance to be included in the education of all students. NH Jump$tart provides the collaboration needed to ensure this education. Their website features resources for teachers, students, and parents.
The Fine Print
A parent or legal guardian must be a joint owner on either of our youth accounts.
Exhausted lower-cost sources of financial aid? We can help fill the gap.learn more
Why Join Members First?
We're small enough to make a big difference... and big enough to be your first choice in banking.JOIN NOW