Protect Your Identity
At Members First, we take the
safety and security of your accounts very seriously.
With identity theft on the rise, it's important to us that you're aware of all the ways you can protect your accounts.
Open a debit card with us.
Our debit card holders are already steps ahead of
fraudsters. With specialized fraud filters in place, we're able to
monitor your debit card transactions around the clock.
Keep a close eye on your activity. Don't wait for your statements to
- Regularly check your balances and transaction history via online or mobile banking.
- Sign up for alerts and notifications via online banking. We'll send you texts or emails
according to your preferences. Here are some options that will help to
monitor for unauthorized activity:
- Balance update (you choose the frequency)
- Low balance alert (you choose the threshold)
- Large withdrawal (you define "large")
- Check cleared
Immediately report any questionable activity.
- During business hours, call or visit one of our branches. Just let them know you're concerned about activity on
your account. They'll review the activity and put the appropriate response
plan into motion.
- After hours,
email us using the form on our website. We will follow up with you as
soon as we resume regular business hours.
- If the activity is related to your debit card, also call
1-800-472-3272 or 1-973-682-2652 outside the U.S. and ask for your card to be blocked (this information
is also included on our website).
Always keep these tips in mind.
- Do not give out personal information on the phone, through the mail, or on the Internet,
unless you initiate the contact or are sure you know with whom you are
- Update your computer with anti-virus protection software and firewall programs.
- Use a secure browser.
- Do not open files or click on hyperlinks sent to you by strangers or download programs from
people you do not know.
- Ensure that we have your mobile phone number on file. This will enable us to reach you while you're out
shopping should we need to alert you to potential fraudulent activity on
Play It Safe
Keep tabs on your debit card with CardValet.Download now
Access your accounts at convenient locations nationwide!LEARN MORE