We take the safety and security of your personal account information very seriously.
With identity theft on the rise, it's important to us that you're aware of all the ways you can protect your accounts.
Open a debit card with us.
Our debit card holders are steps ahead of fraudsters. With chip card technology and specialized fraud filters already in place, we're able to help combat identity theft around the clock. And that’s just the beginning. Learn about all the free services available at Members First to help protect your debit card, including CardValet and MasterCard’s Identity Theft Alerts.
Sign up for Kasasa Protect.
Get comprehensive and affordable fraud protection by adding Kasasa Protect ™ to your Members First checking account. Like invisible armor for your personal data, Kasasa Protect will keep it out of the wrong hands.
Check your credit report annually.
You are entitled to a free credit report every 12 months from each of three nationwide credit reporting agencies.
Keep a close eye on your activity. Don't wait for your statements to arrive.
- Regularly check your balances and transaction history in online or mobile banking
- Login to online banking and elect to receive alerts and notifications, such as:
- Balance update
- Low balance alert
- Large withdrawal
- Check cleared
Immediately report any questionable activity.
- Should you discover any unauthorized transactions or suspicious activity on your account, contact us immediately.
- If you suspect unauthorized use of your debit card specifically, outside of the credit union's regular business hours, please call MasterCard directly at 1-800-472-3272 within the U.S. or 1-973-682-2652 outside the U.S.
Always keep these tips in mind.
- Do not give out personal information over the phone, through the mail, or on the Internet unless you initiate the contact or are certain you know with whom you are dealing
- Update your computer with anti-virus protection software and firewall programs
- Use a secure browser
- Do not open files or click on hyperlinks sent to you by strangers or download programs from people you don’t know
- Ensure we have your mobile phone number on file so we can reach you while you're out shopping to alert you of potential fraudulent activity
We’re here to help with all of your financial matters. If you would like more information, or you think you may be a victim of identity theft, please don’t hesitate to contact us.